- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 1 day ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 12 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 13 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 14 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 14 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 21 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 22 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 27 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 37 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 47 days ago
Hedge Funder Mike Novogratz Is The Leader Of A Pack Of Badass Ivy League Wrestlers Turned Wall Streeters
There’s a new club on Wall Street. Well, new to the public eye at least.
This morning The New York Observer profiled Fortress Investment Group principal Mike Novogratz and focused on his lifelong involvement with wrestling. Turns out the financier, whose fund is estimated to be worth somewhere around $ 4.6 billion, is not the only wrestler on Wall Street.
In fact he’s one of at least eight honchos (the Observer mentioned seven, we found one more) on the street who wrestled competitively in college.
If this is indeed a newly united pack, then Novogratz is its leader.
Martin Floreani, owner and operator of florwrestling.com (the wrestling enthusiast’s virtual bible), told the Observer that it was Novogratz who brought these wrestlers turned Wall Streeters together.
“A lot of the Ivy League wrestlers wind up in New York, so you have a strong set of wrestlers in the financial community,” Floreani told the Observer. “One of the things that Novogratz has done is to knit those guys together.”
And this community is not just for personal benefit. Novogratz and his pals have helped to start something of a revolution in the U.S. wrestling world, providing venues for both amateur (and often underprivileged) and professional wrestlers to practice their sport.
Here’s a sampling of Wall Street wrestlers (you’ll probably recognize some of these names):
- Henry Kravis, Senior Partner at Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts (KKR)
- Josh Harris, Founder of Apollo Global Management
- Stephen Friedman, Former CEO of Goldman Sachs
- John Thain, Former CEO of Merrill Lynch, now CEO of CIT
- Rich Taveso, Head of Global Arbitrage and Trading at RBC Capital Markets
- Noel Thompson, CEO of TGP
- Clinton Matter, Managing Director & Co-Head Credit Opportunities Group, RBC