- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 3 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 13 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 15 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 15 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 16 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 23 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 24 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 29 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 39 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 48 days ago
Jesse Ventura Explains Why Governments Are Like Gangs
The Governor (everyone still calls him that) unloads at Forbes:
It’s a Monday afternoon in Minnesota and Jesse “The Mind” Ventura, as he was known when he ran the state as governor, is surprisingly more content than he is angry. The 60 year old star of the former World Wrestling Federation, though, has not lost his fire in the belly. He’s just as fed up with the government as Ron Paul (one of his favorite politicians) and the Occupy Wall Street crowd (which he prefers over the Tea Party).
He’s currently starting his fourth book tour. This one’s based on his latest, titled “Democrips and Rebloodicans”. That’s right. The Crips and the Bloods, the famously 80s West Coast naughty homies that taught white kids how to throw a gang sign and made wearing certain colors illegal in public schools. As dangerous as those brothers are, and were, says Ventura, the Democrats and Republicans are much, much worse.
“If you vote for a Democrat or a Republican, you get what you deserve,” he says in that signature Ventura vocal delivery, the one fitting of a pro-wrestler. Lights up. Cameras flashing. Little boys and their dads cheering in the stands.
“We’ve got an entire political system based on bribery. It’s obscene,” he says.
It’s something Ventura, an independent, has been talking about for more than a decade now. Today, that view is mainstream. What’s congress’s approval rating? Ten percent? Fifteen? Whatever it is, it is at historically low levels. And the most popular Democratic president since Bill Clinton has struggled to top a 50% approval rating for most of his four years in office.
We all believe the system is somewhat rigged, bought and paid for by a handful of important corporations — ExxonMobil for energy policy — and lobby groups — the American Bankers Association for economic and fiscal policies. With the creation of political SuperPACs, the non-profits that donate tens of millions to politicians, a handful of wealthy individuals also are given more sway in national, and state level politics.
Everyone knows it. Including Wall Street…