- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 11 hours ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 11 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 12 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 13 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 13 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 21 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 21 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 27 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 37 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 46 days ago
Video: Japan Set to Power Up Nuclear Reactor Amid Protests
(CNN) Energy-starved Japan will regain nuclear-powered electricity on Sunday, as the first reactor to be switched on since last year’s Fukushima disaster comes online.
Kansai Electric Power Co. Ltd. (KEPCO) told CNN Wednesday that the No. 3 reactor at the country’s Ohi Nuclear Power Plant will be activated on July 1 and start providing electricity to western Japan — which includes Osaka, Japan’s second biggest city by July 4. Ohi’s No. 4 reactor is also scheduled to resume operations by July 24.
All 50 commercial nuclear reactors in Japan have been offline since May 5 for safety checks. The government has been conducting simulation tests for restarting its nuclear reactors in response to public concerns over their safety in the wake of the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant last spring.
Before the March 11 disaster, Japan had relied on nuclear energy for about 30% of its electricity needs, according to government figures.
Fukushima plant operator: We weren’t prepared