- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 12 hours ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 18 hours ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 4 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 15 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 16 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 17 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 17 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 24 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 25 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 30 days ago
CHART OF THE DAY: Look At What Francois Hollande Has Done To French Borrowing Costs
When Francois Hollande was elected President of France, everyone was worried about his various plans to roll back reforms, lower the retirement age, and increase minimum wage.
France has always been a borderline core/peripheral credit, and so Sarkozy’s pro-austerity stance was seen as being crucial to keeping France from having a crisis of its own.
But alas! French borrowing costs have collapsed… incredibly so.
The chart below is the French 2-year yield. When Hollande took office on May 15 (where the vertical line is placed), France was borrowing for two years at over 0.7%. Today? 0.109%. The market considers, for now, France to be core, and money is rushing into its debt.
DISCLOSURE: The author stands to win $ 250 in a bet on that French 2-year bonds will see negative yields by the end of the year.