- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 1 day ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 5 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 15 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 16 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 17 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 18 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 25 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 25 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 31 days ago
Video: Woman Uses Gun to Stop Worker From Installing Smart Meter
HOUSTON – Thelma Taormina didn’t want a new electric meter, and she went to great lengths to keep her old one.
When a worker showed up at her northwest Harris County home to install a smart meter, she grabbed her gun.
“He just kept pushing me away,” the 55-year-old Taormina, who is licensed to carry a weapon, said. “He saw it, and went back the other way.”
CenterPoint Energy has nearly completed installing more than 2 million smart meters in the Harris County area.
But Taormina says she shouldn’t be forced to get one.
The smart meters digitally count kilowatts and wirelessly transmit information.
“Our constitution allows us not to have that kind of intrusion on our personal privacy,” she said. “They’ll be able to tell if you are running your computer, air conditioner, whatever it is.”
“I am very upset with it,” her husband said.
The Public Utilities Commission is now considering allowing homeowners to have the smart meters removed.
Meanwhile, the Taorminas have formed a group called “We the People,” which is asking for hearings that could change when and where smart meters are placed.