- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 3 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 13 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 14 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 15 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 16 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 23 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 23 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 29 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 39 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 48 days ago
Medical Pot Activists Seek to Overturn LA Dispensary Ban
With the total extinction of medical marijuana dispensaries looming, Los Angeles medical pot patients and providers have gone on the offensive in the ongoing skirmish in the wake of the L.A. City Council’s recent dispensary ban by gathering signatures and filing a lawsuit.
The ordinance became law on August 1 when signed by L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and is scheduled to take effect on Thursday September 6.
The medicinal cannabis activist group Americans for Safe Access is in the process of gathering the required 27,425 signatures of registered voters by September 21 in order to place a voter referendum on the March 5, 2013 ballot that, if passed, would immediately overturn the dispensary ban.
Some dispensary owners have pledged to continue operating even though they face imprisonment and fines of up to $ 2,500 every day they continue to provide medicine.