- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 2 days ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 5 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 16 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 17 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 18 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 18 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 25 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 26 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 32 days ago
The Most Ambitious Casino In Atlantic City Could Be In Trouble
The Revel Casino opened in early April to great fanfare. The $ 2.6 billion dollar resort, backed with a $ 261 million tax credit by Governor Chris Christie, was supposed to help revitalize Atlantic City by providing appealing alternatives to non-gaming visitors.
Suzette Parmley of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that just a few months later, the casino is falling well short of its revenue targets.
The casino booked $ 17.5 million in gaming revenue in July. According to the Inquirer report, Revel needs around $ 25-30 million just to pay its bonds and remain solvent.
From the Inquirer:
To put it in context, market leading Borgata generated $ 54 million last month – triple Revel’s figure. Borgata opened at a cost of $ 1.1 billion in the city’s Marina District in July 2003.
“With the number less than $ 20 million, I would say unless Revel can dramatically increase their gaming revenue, it will be hard for them to generate free cash flow and therefore, make their debt service payments,” said Andrew Zarnett of Deutsche Bank AG. “More revenue generation is needed, and time is running out as summer is nearly over.”
It’s looking like quite a boondoggle.
Read the full story here