- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 2 days ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 5 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 16 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 17 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 18 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 18 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 26 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 26 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 32 days ago
CHUCK SCHUMER: ‘The Public Will Not Accept This New Normal’ Of A Mass Shooting Every Month
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Sunday called for a three-step plan on stricter gun control laws at the federal level, saying “the public will not accept this new normal” of frequent mass shootings.
“When the public sees these as isolated incidents, they’re less upset than when they occur one after the other,” Schumer said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”
“The public will not accept this new normal — one of these incidents every month, these mass shootings.”
Schumer called for three steps on the federal level:
- Reinstate the federal assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.
- Limiting the size of clips to “maybe no more than 10 bullets per clip.”
- Restrictions on “mentally unstable people” purchasing guns.
Schumer acknowledged that both sides of Congress need to be more practical in the debate. The left, he said, needs to “admit there is a Second Amendment right to bear arms.” And he said the right must acknowledge that “no amendment is absolute,” comparing it to limitations on the First Amendment.
“We’ve been gridlocked,” Schumer said. “We need a new paradigm. Both sides are in their corner, and they need to come to the middle.”
Watch the clip below, via CBS: