- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 2 days ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 5 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 16 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 17 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 18 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 18 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 25 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 26 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 32 days ago
TED TALK: Everything You Need To Know About How Algorithms Are Controlling Our World
Problem is, we may be building whole worlds we don’t really understand, and can’t control.
One of our favorite quote:
Algorithmic trading evolved because institutional traders had the same problems the U.S. Air force had, which is that they’re moving these huge positions… and they’re moving a million shares of something through the market, and if you do that all at once it’s like playing poker and going all in, you tip your hand. So they have to find a way… to break up that big thing into a million little transactions, and the magic and the horror of that is that the same math you use to break up the big thing into a little things can be used to find a million little things and sew them back together and find out what’s actually happening in the market. So if you need to picture what’s happening in the stock market now… is a bunch of algorithms that are programmed to hide and and bunch of algorithms programmed to go find them and act. And all of that’s great… and that’s 70% of the operating system formerly known as your pension… what could go wrong? What could go wrong is that a year ago 9% of the entire market just disappears in 5 minute, they call it the Flash Crash of 245…and nobody to this day can agree as to what happened, because nobody ordered it, nobody asked for it, no one could control what happened. All they had was a monitor in front of them that had the numbers in front of it, and a button that said STOP… We’re writing things that are illegible, we’re rendering things illegible.