- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 4 hours ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 10 hours ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 4 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 14 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 16 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 16 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 17 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 24 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 25 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 30 days ago
A Frustrating Trend In The Stock Market Continues To Break The Bears’ Hearts
Stock prices are going up as earnings expectations are going down. And earnings expectations are arguably the most important drivers of stocks.
In technical terms, strategists will call this multiples expansion. In other words, valuations are rising as reflected by an increasing price-earnings ratio.
And this divergence between stocks and earnings expectations has only gotten wider since we last wrote about it a month ago,
“Since the end of the fourth quarter (December 31), analysts have also reduced earnings growth expectations for Q1 2013 (to 2.2% from 2.5%) and Q2 2013 (to 6.7% from 6.8%),” writes FactSet’s John Butters.
Here’s a chart from FactSet showing stocks rising and earnings expectations falling.