- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 3 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 14 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 15 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 16 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 16 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 23 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 24 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 29 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 39 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 49 days ago
Republicans Are Slamming Nancy Pelosi For Saying It’s ‘A False Argument To Say We Have A Spending Problem’
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said today that the looming cuts associated with the sequester are a “bad idea all around,” advocating a replacement solution that includes a mix of spending cuts and revenue through closing tax loopholes.
“It’s almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem. We have a budget deficit problem that we have to address,” Pelosi said.
Those comments drew a swift response from the Republican National Committee, which blasted out a video of an excerpt of Pelosi’s interview.
Pelosi said that she would back a “big, bold” solution to slow long-term spending. But she said that revenue-boosting solutions like ending tax subsidies on oil corporations and eliminating some loopholes have to be a part of the solution.
“We have to make a judgment about how do we get growth with jobs — that’s where the real revenue comes from,” Pelosi said. “You don’t get it by cutting … into education, cutting back on education in science and investments in the National Institute of Health, food safety, you name it.
“So, it isn’t as much of a spending problem as it is a priorities. And that’s what a budget is — setting priorities.”
Watch the RNC’s video of Pelosi’s appearance: