- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 9 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 10 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 11 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 11 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 18 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 19 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 24 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 34 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 44 days ago
- US Government Sued For Pesticides Killing Millions Of BeesPosted 51 days ago
The Hedge Funder On The Other Side Of The JPMorgan ‘London Whale’ Gave His 3 Big Trade Ideas Today
Andrew Feldstein, the CEO/CIO of $ 12.5 billion BlueMountain Capital (the hedge fund on the other side of the “London Whale” trade), spoke at the Harbor Investment Conference this afternoon at JPMorgan Chase.
“The unifying theme across everything that we do across all of our vehicles is that we’re looking for attractively priced optionality. We’re looking for asymmetric return profiles,” Feldstein said.
His focus today at the HIC was on the steel industry, which he thinks is a “fragile situation.” Many of these companies are priced for stability and that means you can find cheap convexity and cheap optionality,” he explained.
Feldstein, who flew through his slide deck, gave these three trade ideas:
- Short JFE Steel via CDS—JFE Steel is Japan’s second largest steel producer and 50 percent of its steel production goes into the export market. “It’s a fairly leveraged company…It may be the most vulnerable steel producer in Japan to increased Chinese exports as a consequence of leverage and its own reliance on Chinese exports…” he said.
- Short Fortescue —It’s the world’s fourth largest iron ore miner by annual production capacity based in Australia.
- US Steel long equity vs. short credit—There’s a lot of potential for volatility in this company, which is the second largest U.S. integrated steel manufacturer.
The Harbor Investment Conference is an annual event that brings together some of the industry’s top investors to share trade ideas and raise money for the Boys & Girls’ Harbor. Ackman and Mark Axelowitz, managing director from UBS Private Wealth Management, co-host the conference.