- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 1 day ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 12 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 13 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 14 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 14 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 21 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 22 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 28 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 37 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 47 days ago
Black Hollyweird: Sanaa Lathan And Terrence Howard Set To Couple It Up On Screen For A Remake Of Shakespeare’s “MacBeth”
Sanaa Lathan And Terrence Howard To Star In “Macbett”
Actor Terrence Howard is ready to flex his executive producer skills as he teams up with an all-star cast of black star power including Hollyweird banger Sanaa Lathan, Blair Underwood and Evan Ross for the film remake of the classic William Shakespeare play “Macbeth.”
The film, which will feature Howard and Lathan in starring roles, will be titled “Macbett” and be directed by Aleta Chappelle marking the first time ever that an African-American female has directed a Shakespeare play-inspired film adaptation.
As the filmmakers describe their new take on the play: “after a gallant military victory, General Macbett (Howard) encounters the “Weird Sisters,” who are the spirit daughters of Mother Africa and reign over fire, water, earth and sky. They delight in manipulating Macbett by feeding him predictions of royal titles including “King.” Macbett soon becomes obsessed with ambition, as does his beautiful and ruthless wife Lady Macbett (Lathan) .
“As Macbett and his Lady spiral downward, indulging in treachery and political assassinations, they are soon haunted by their murderous deeds and driven mad. In a true exemplification of a tragedy, Macbett is defeated by his own zealous thirst for power, a heartbreaking end to a once beloved Hero”.
Though this is the first film of a black version of Macbeth, it is not the first time this has been done. Back in the 1936 Orson Welles, a few years before he directed his film Citizen Kane, directed a black stage version in New York set in Haiti, called Voodoo Macbeth which caused a sensation back in its day.
This sounds like it could be pretty good. Will you be checking for ‘Macbett’ when it comes out?