- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 9 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 10 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 11 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 11 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 18 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 19 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 24 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 34 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 44 days ago
- US Government Sued For Pesticides Killing Millions Of BeesPosted 52 days ago
For The Ladies: Handsome Hunk-O-Manmeat Laz Alonso Covers XEX Magazine And Talks Meagan Good, Men’s Fashion And Staying Successful In Hollyweird
Happy Friday ladies!
Laz Alonso Covers XEX Magazine
Hollyweird man candy Laz Alonso is giving the ladies (and some of the fellas) an eye full of swag on the cover of this men’s edition of XEX Magazine.
The veteran actor, who is currently starring opposite Meagan Good in the new NBC drama series “Deception,” recently sat down with XEX to dish on his bangin bawwwdied co-star, staying grounded in Hollyweird and much more.
Check out a few interview excerpts below.
via XEX Magazine
Can you tell us a little about your character?
“Will is a lot different from a lot of characters I’ve played. You will see a man that is still in love with Meagan’s character Joanna. An Ex that is vulnerable and caring and although still strong, he shows his insecurities as a man who no longer has the woman he’s lost. It’s a delicate balance of love, passion, and trying to remain professional.”
Deception has a wonderful cast. What was it like working with such talent as Megan Good, Katherine Lanassa, and Victor Garber?
“I have worked with Megan on other projects, and have seen her growth as an actor. She is doing an amazing job and I am really happy to get cast opposite actors that make me step my game up every scene. Katherine and Victor are always on point and make me always feel like I have to bring my A game to work. I love working with actors that make me raise my performance bar.”
You’ve been a successful actor for years. What motivates you in this changing industry? How do you stay grounded?
“Staying grounded isn’t the problem. My challenge is accepting the change that is happening in the industry. Unfortunately in some ways it’s becoming more commercial and less about telling great stories. But we must do our best to keep it as authentic as possible.”
You are a part of the new breed of emerging leading men in Hollywood…What is your personal style? Do you consider yourself a trendsetter?
“I would much rather be someone who “inspires” than “sets trends”. Trends come and go, but inspiration will always last. I have my own personal rugged, military inspired style. It’s purpose driven clothing that fits, accessories that mean something to me. But I love nice materials and a nice fitted look. It’s clean.”
With all of the rapidly changing fashion trends out on the scene right now, what or who (as far as designers) inspires some of your best looks on the red carpet?
“I love Zegna suits. And believe it or not, Uggs men’s line has a crazy apparel line, Rag and bone pants, Vincent, Diesel, G-star, Rockstar, Converse, and combat boots. I like boutique clothes. Not a big box mall type shopper. The smaller designers are leading fashion right now and you see the bigger brands following them.”
Where do you see yourself 5 to 10 years from now in the film/tv/fashion industry? Personal Life/family?
“I don’t know where I’ll be nor do I plan that far ahead anymore. I try to live in the moment, enjoy it as much as possible and work hard today and now. Sometimes we get so caught up about the future we miss what is going on right now. You can chase the future, but it’s coming regardless. Enjoy the now.”
Well, we’re definitely enjoying the now if it means more of this face on the small….or big….screen. The Spring 2013 Men’s Edition of XEX Magazine hits newsstands April 5th.
Photo Credit: Sailey Williams/XEX