- 13 WAYS TO KNOW IF THE GOVERNMENT IS READING YOUR EMAILPosted 9 hours ago
- 13 Ways To Know If The Government Is Reading Your EmailPosted 15 hours ago
- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 4 days ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 15 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 16 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 17 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 17 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 24 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 25 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 30 days ago
Fountain Of Youth Bangers: Nia Long Covers JET Magazine, Talks ‘Best Man’ Sequel And Her Boo Ime
Lookin’ more bangin’ than the beauty of the week! It’s hard to believe Nia Long is 42 right? The actress covers the upcoming April 8th issue of JET where she discusses her nearly 30-year career and her relationship with former NBA player Ime Udoka.
Here’s a few details via JETmag.com:
JET: Everyone’s buzzing about you reprising the role of Jordan in The Best Man Holiday (out November 15). The original was definitely a classic film— but it’s been almost 15 years. Why do a sequel now?
We made magic together— so many people say that to me. And because I love the cast. The film’s director, Malcolm Lee, has been talking about it for some time and finally announced his plan during a recent cast reunion dinner.
JET: Any details you can dish on the movie?
Well, we’re not shooting until late April in Toronto so I can’t say much, but everybody is really excited to revisit our stories and find out what happens next. Where is Jordan now? Did she get married? Did she break up a relationship? It’s like reading a great book; you want to see what the next chapter is.
JET: You’ve been part of several iconic flicks, like Boyz n the Hood and Love Jones, but we hear that acting wasn’t always your dream career?
I wanted to be a pediatrician. One of the most life-changing challenges I experienced growing up was realizing that there simply wasn’t enough money for me to go to college. So I decided to focus on working. I promised that I’d give myself one year from the day I graduated from high school to make moves in the business. I was acting since I was 15, and I really wanted to help my mom, who was struggling.
JET: But your current career path isn’t necessarily the most stable…
That’s very true. Actors only have job security from the time we’re on set until they say cut. But, deep down inside I knew it would work out for me. Luckily, I was also naive. What’s the saying? Ignorance is bliss. I had a wonderful acting coach who didn’t focus on fail-ure, only working.
JET: Speaking of success, you’ve been in a relationship with former pro-basketball player Ime Udoka for almost three years. How do you make it work… especially now that he lives in another state?
Ime and I are very much a family. We’re both committed to being good to each other and being great parents. He operates on faith, and we share that. If not, it would be difficult to maintain with him working as a coach in San Antonio. The challenge is the times when I’m exhausted and here with the kids by myself. I have homework, bath time, dinner, laundry and all the other things that every mother has to do because, in essence, I’m physically a part-time single mom.
We’re glad to hear they’re still going strong. Nia got her a good one huh!