- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 10 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 12 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 13 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 13 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 20 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 21 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 26 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 36 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 46 days ago
- US Government Sued For Pesticides Killing Millions Of BeesPosted 53 days ago
Should You Go Gluten-Free?
by Laura Binder
Gluten-free bread, gluten-free pasta, gluten-free cookies… you need only to take a stroll through your local supermarket to see that the gluten-free diet has gone mainstream.
So what’s the big deal with this much-maligned protein? Should you be eating gluten-free? According to recent New York Times article “Gluten-Free Whether You Need It or Not,” the answer is: maybe.
Gluten is the protein found in wheat and related grain species such as barley, rye, and spelt. It gives dough its characteristic elasticity and contributes to the pleasing chewy texture of many baked goods.
Yet gluten has also been associated with a multitude of health problems. Around 1% of the population suffers from celiac disease, a serious auto-immune disorder that causes a severe inflammatory reaction any time gluten is consumed. The only known treatment for celiac disease is a 100% gluten-free diet.