- Video: Piers Morgan Says Obama is Borderline Tyrannical: ‘Now I See U.S. Government Tyranny’Posted 24 hours ago
- FAMILIES OF DECEASED SEAL TEAM 6 MEMBERS ARE MAKING SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTPosted 12 days ago
- European Commission to Criminalize Nearly all Seeds and Plants not Registered with GovernmentPosted 13 days ago
- After the Tragedy in Boston, More Government Surveillance is Not the AnswerPosted 14 days ago
- Video: Obama To Ohio State Grads-Reject Voices That Warn About Government TyrannyPosted 14 days ago
- AMERICANS FEAR GOVERNMENT MORE THAN TERRORPosted 21 days ago
- The Art of Catching Government False Flags in Real TimePosted 22 days ago
- SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS REVEAL VACCINES TO BE A TOTAL HOAXPosted 27 days ago
- WIKILEAKS: THE GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU THROUGH YOUR IPHONEPosted 37 days ago
- Poll: Close to 1 in 3 Americans Believe in World Government and a New World OrderPosted 47 days ago
Video: Giant Sinkhole Opens up in San Francisco
Around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, a ruptured water main at 15th Avenue and Wawona Street in West Portal sent a “waist high wall of water” rushing down the street, flooding homes and leaving behind a deep sinkhole on 15th Avenue.
Utility crews took about an hour to shut off the water, but that was enough time for the river of water to trap some residents outside of their flooded homes and leave high-water marks on parked cars. One neighbor told KTVU his home had about a foot and a half of water in it. Another neighbor’s home received extensive damage to a bedroom where her 14-year-old son had been sleeping.
Crews were on the scene this morning cleaning up the muddy mess with bulldozers and hosing down cars and driveways in the torrent’s path.
As of around 7 a.m. this morning, fire crews said neighbors still have access to domestic water, but the city’s Department of Building Inspection was still checking on the safety of the buildings affected.
The Mercury News has more photos of the sinkhole and KRON4 news brings us the video report:
Just last week another water main broke across town in Russian Hill.
Update 3:30 p.m.: The water, power and sewer branch of the city’s Public Utilities Commission sends in an update:
San Francisco, CA – At approximately 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 27th, crews responded to water flowing from underneath the intersection of Wawona Street and 15th Avenue in San Francisco. The 16-inch cast iron pipe under the road dates back to 1952, and pulled apart at a joint near that intersection. The cause is still under investigation. This water transmission line transports water from Sutro Reservoir to the Excelsior District. Only one resident lost water service.